Lead Game Designer (Unannounced project)
Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for a Lead Designer to assist in the next big free-to-play PC & Console title from Wargaming. Wargaming is the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world. In this role, you will help to inspire and create gameplay for a new & exciting Free to Play project aimed at a western audience.
As Lead Designer, you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the other Lead Designers across the battle game and metagame. You’ll be expected to apply your expertise and experience across a range of different design areas, so flexibility and varied experience is key. You will report to the Design Director, working with stakeholders to make sure the game is reaching the project’s goals. You’ll be expected to mentor and develop the design team, alongside delivering an awesome game.
In this position, you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and can share your knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, has a strong set of design principles, and the ability to direct multiple areas of the game toward the same vision.
You will report to:
You will report to the Design Director.
What will you do?
- Lead the design department for a free-to-play “games-as-a-service” title built in UE4
- Establish and maintain good working practices
- Support recruitment where necessary
- Contribute to and implement the vision of the game
- Document design decisions clearly and communicate to key stakeholders and external studios
- Gather direction from the Creative Director, Design Director, and other Leads to develop quality designs whilst hitting deadlines
- Collaborate with technical teams to support the area’s design lead in the implementation of features and content, ensuring that the final product meets technical, design and product goals.
- Collaborate with analysts and evaluate metrics, user testing, and other sources of feedback, to identify issues
What are we looking for?
- Experience across multiple products including multiple years as a lead
- Experience working on “games as a service” titles and/or free-to-play titles
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of game design and game development concepts
- An excellent understanding of PVEVP multiplayer titles
- Ability to work within restrictions to solve problems as they occur
- Actively contribute to growth of the studio. Lead by example, including demonstrating a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment
- Strong initiative and sense of responsibility to increase the quality of the game and health of the team
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with 3rd person PVP multiplayer titles
- Experience working with Battle Royale or Extraction Shooters
- Have experience working with multiple studios across different time zones