Based in Guildford, DPS is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead/Senior Lighting Artist to play a key role in the development of our ‘AAA’ free-to-play title. The candidate will be a self-motivated team player who will work closely with the Lead Environment Artist and Art Director to bring light to our game world.
They will have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture.
The Lead Lighting Artist will report to the Art Manager/Art Director
What will you do?
- Illuminate our dramatic and expansive world
- Enhance the emotional tone a depth of our world through lighting
- Collaborate with the Art Director to realise and enhance the artistic vision of the project
- Assist the Producers in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- Proven lighting experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3 published games
- Experienced managing and coaching teams
- A deep understanding of lighting theory
- Experience with 3D packages and assets
- Experience of lighting within Unreal 4 and 5
- Superior knowledge of lighting pipelines and performance limitations
- The ability to convey mood, tone, and emotion through lighting
- Strong organizational skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Very strong understanding of colour grading and post process
- Experience in setting up marketing renders
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Interest in the development of Sky box textures
- Samples of your work displaying a range of subjects and styles and situations
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio