Lead UI Engineer
Does the challenge of creating a gorgeous AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you can do exactly that, join a new creative project that is being built based on player feedback and be part of something truly unique.
We are based in Guildford, self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
The role will involve leading the UI tech team while working on the UI elements of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the designers and artist, in a goal focused team. Collaborate with the gameplay team to implement various UI features both in the front-end and in-game.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking motivated team player who is able to work within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community, to create and be responsible for the crucial communication between player and game, to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
This position is based in Guildford and you will report to Lead Gameplay.
What will you do?
- Design and implement the HUD for the core gameplay
- Design and implement the game front-end interface system
- Work closely with the UI art and UX teams to balance performance, visual impact and usability
- Communicate with backend services for dynamic and persistent player and game data
- Mentor, manage and lead the UI tech team
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience developing user interfaces in the games industry
- Solid C++ skills
- Solid mentoring/management skills
- Unreal 4 development experience
- A love for working in cross-discipline feature teams
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with UMG
- Experience developing for PC, as well as different console platforms
- Experience working with networked multiplayer games
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service