Does the challenge of creating a gorgeous AAA Free to Play game excite you? Here at DPS Games you can do exactly that, join a new creative project that is being built based on player feedback and be part of something truly unique.
We are based in Guildford, self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
The role will involve working on gameplay systems of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the gameplay programming team, your lead and designers to implement various gameplay features.
You will be a hardworking motivated team player who is able to work within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community. You will create and be responsible for the crucial communication between player and game, to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
The Senior Gameplay Programmer reports to the Lead Programmer and can be based onsite or hybrid working in our Guildford studio.
What will you do?
- Develop gameplay features and systems for a free-to-play UE4 based PC game, in close collaboration with other disciplines (art, design, backend etc.)
Prove out gameplay ideas by working with designers during the prototype stage to hone the gameplay
Work closely with your lead to mentor and train juniors
Be the vanguard for improvements in the tech department
What are we looking for?
Proven experience developing networked multiplayer games in the industry
Solid C++ skills
Solid mentoring/management skills
Unreal 4 development experience
PC and current gen console development experience
Loves working in cross-discipline feature teams
Good verbal and written communication skills in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
Experience working with highly distributed teams
Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
Familiarity with multiple areas of code; including AI, physics, networking, optimization, etc
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio