Senior Project Manager
How would you like to be part of the team that will launch the next big F2P game from Wargaming, the maker of juggernauts like ‘World of Tanks’ and ‘World of Warships’?
The game creation is being led here at Wargaming’s UK studio, DPS Games, located in the heart of Guildford. It is aimed at the North American market, is based on a completely new IP and differs significantly from the existing Wargaming products. It’s a truly unique chance to be at the forefront of the next generation of PC and console F2P games!
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be part of a team of project managers. You will be responsible for managing the team based in Guildford, supporting their development needs and identifying areas we need to support our publishing group. This is an opportunity to grow into a key publishing role within the studio.
You will not be making product decisions, that part is handled by producers in our studio. While the producers are focusing on what we should be doing and why we should be doing it, you are focusing on how we can deliver it effectively and reliably.
This is your opportunity to join a world-class project management team that takes pride in its ability to continuously improve our way of working to benefit the team, the game and ultimately the company! What could be more exciting than that?!
This position is based in Guildford, UK and reports to the Senior Development Manager.
What will you do?
- Champion delivering exceptional work within a constructive, positive, forward-thinking workplace culture
- Partner with product owners to manage quality, time, and scope of deliverables
- Facilitate and refine studio development processes (Including Scrum, Agile, Waterfall, Kanban)
- Refine development pipelines across all disciplines to maximise efficiency while retaining the highest quality output
- Track and report quality, progress, and velocity
- Identify and mitigate dependencies and risks
- Coach and mentor team members in processes and project management
- Identify current and future resource requirements
- Work with distributed teams and outsource partners to ensure delivery of their components
What are we looking for?
- Great communicator who can work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Solid knowledge of project management software - MS project, Visio
- Some game development experience
- Logical problem solver putting priorities of Product Owner first
- Experience with agile teams
- Strive for continuous improvement
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, MS Team
- Fluent excel skills - reporting and tracking
- Experience of a full game development cycle, including live
- Experience working with highly distributed development and support teams