Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for a Technical Designer to assist in the creation of worlds in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world. In this role, you will help to inspire and create gameplay for a new & exciting project aimed at a western audience.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, has a strong knowledge of Unreal and tools, and the ability to work with multiple teams to facilitate proper implementation of features.
The Technical Designer will report to the Lead Technical Designer.
What will you do?
- Designing features using UE4 and blueprints
- Optimising technical limitations
- Working as part of a cross-functional team
- Documenting your work
What are we looking for?
- Experience in a Technical Designer role in the gaming industry
- UE4 experience, including blueprints and replication
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Understanding of how to optimise technical limitations
- Good knowledge of game design and game development concept
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ and C#
- Experience designing and creating designer tools
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio