Senior Vehicle Artist
Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Vehicle Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title.
You’ll naturally be a hardworking, self-motivated team player with a good sense of humour, who can integrate seamlessly into our team and studio culture, and be able to work closely with the Lead Vehicle Artist, Art Director and Art Production Director, to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
You’ll bring your excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to take critique and give feedback to external partners, as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you’ll be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
The Senior Vehicle Artist will report to the Lead Vehicle Artist.
What will you do?
- Create imaginative and innovative 3D vehicles
- Translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets as required, setting a high-quality bar
- Help design, construct, document and implement pipeline procedures
- Prototype new techniques and processes
- Create high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
- Help support off-site development partners
- Collaborate with the Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Assist the Art Production Director in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- Strong proven production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3 published games
- Proven ability to create exceptional stylised and realistic character models
- Outstanding skill in a digital sculpting package – Z-Brush
- Exceptional knowledge of 3ds Max
- High level expertise in Substance painter
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- An interest in commercial and military vehicle design and appreciation of mechanical engineering
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept with this discipline
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Samples of your work displaying clean High Poly to Low Poly bakes, strong understanding of material variation and stylised texturing
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
DPS Games is a Wargaming Company and working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!