Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D Vehicle Artist to work on the creation of a variety of vehicles in the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
In this role, you will help to create the vehicles & gameplay assets for a new and exciting project aimed at a western audience. You’ll be passionate about hard surface 3d art, highly conceptual, have a strong mechanical background, which includes animation design, setup and optimisation.
You’ll be a hardworking self-motivated team player, who is able to understand the Art vision for the vehicle team, while developing a solid and efficient pipeline for asset production that will stay in place for years to come.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers, in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team & studio culture, a solid singing voice, sweet dance moves, and an ability to pun will all stand you in good stead!
The Vehicle Artist will report to the Lead Vehicle Artist.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the Art team, designers, programmers on object specifications and deliveries
- Work with 3D game assets as required
- Work with pipeline procedures to deliver competitive, cutting edge assets
- Work with new techniques and approaches
- Work with high-poly and low-poly models and accompanying texture sets that use advanced shaders
What are we looking for?
- Art production experience in the gaming industry
- Proven ability to create exceptional high-poly and low-poly models and textures
- A great eye for detail, natural flair & a strong understanding of composition & colour theory
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Strong understanding of PBR shader development and lighting
- Solid knowledge of 3ds Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, and other 2D/3D applications
- Diligence around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Good organization skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept environments and props
- Samples of your work displaying clean High Poly to Low Poly bakes, strong understanding of material variation & photo realistic texturing
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
DPS Games is a Wargaming Company and working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!