Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Rigging Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
You’ll be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead Animator and Lead Technical Artist to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
You’ll have excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
You’ll bring your good sense of humour to integrate seamlessly into our team and studio culture.
The Rigging Artist will report to the Lead Animator/Lead Technical Artist.
What will you do?
- Create exceptional rigs and systems for characters, creatures, vehicles and props
- Collaborate with artists to ensure models satisfy technical requirements for rigging
- Work closely with animators to develop efficient and user-friendly animation rigs
- Create and maintain tools to support the asset creation process
- Help design, construct, document and implement pipeline procedures
- Prototype new techniques and processes
- Help support off-site development partners
What are we looking for?
- Technical art experience in the gaming industry with a focus on rigging
- At least 1+ published games
- High level of knowledge of rigging, techniques and responsibilities
- Ability to work simultaneously across a variety of software packages
- Exceptional knowledge of Maya
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience, including using cloth and physics systems
- Experience making tools and supporting processes to aid the asset pipeline
- Python scripting experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and creative problem-solving skills
- A great understanding of human and creature anatomy
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- BA in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Samples of your work displaying unique rigging techniques
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
DPS Games is a Wargaming Company and working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!