In this new role, your mission is to build and facilitate a world class development team. You will excel in aligning multiple groups towards shared purposes, goals and priorities, and actively explore and address misalignments.
You will bring your effective leadership experience, with an open and inclusive approach, and the ability to adjust based on team feedback and needs. Along with your excellent communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with multiple studio leaderships.
Finally, having a growth mindset, you will drive to seek out new information, new approaches, and the desire to learn and challenge your existing assumptions.
The Development Director reports into the Executive Producer, based in our studio in Guildford.
What will you do?
- Lead and direct the Development Management team
- Own and regularly communicate the overall status of the project plan
- Support an environment and process that delivers the product vision to a AAA standard
- Build a world class project management team through regular 1-2-1 meetings and setting quarterly goals for team members to improve and grow
- Be an active participant in product reviews, with a focus on delivery and resource
- Help the Executive team focus on the critical issues based on a clear understanding of the products delivery status and risks
- Evangelize DPS efficient processes and policies to the team, and our co-dev partners
- Works with other functional teams, such as marketing, licensing, and customer service to identify needs and raise delivery concerns for the Executive team
- Building - Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions in product development where needed
What are we looking for?
- Shipping multiple video game titles in a leadership role
- Deep experience of resource, budget, people and team management
- Understanding of the project toolsets required to deliver (Hansoft/Jira/Confluence)
- Experience working with a distributed development team model
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Free to Play development experience
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!