Does the challenge of creating a gorgeous AAA Free to Play game at a new studio excite you? Here at DPS Games you can do exactly that, join a new creative project that is being built based on player feedback and be part of something truly unique.
We are based in Guildford, self-publishing our own title, and are fully funded by Wargaming.net, one of the biggest publishers of FTP games in the world. Our studio leadership are industry veterans, and we believe we’re building a great studio culture in the best studio space in Guildford. If you think you have the talent to join a world class team, we’d love you to come and look at our studio.
You will report to the Technical Director and can be based onsite or hybrid working in our Guildford studio.
What will you do?
- Work closely with other disciplines to drive quality and achieve project goals.
- Research and implement new features within Unreal engine.
- Responsible for hiring, leading and mentoring the team
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience developing networked multiplayer games in the industry.
- Ability to communicate clearly to enable collaboration across disciplines.
- Professional experience of graphics programming in a modern game engine.
- Expert C++ skills.
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (DX12, Vulkan, console APIs, etc.).
- Experience writing shaders in HLSL, GLSL, CG, or similar.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Understanding of current real-time rendering techniques.
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU and GPU usage
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Proven leadership ability
- Experience working with Unreal
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio